5/03/2011

Crippled and Empowered

Being sheltered also means being crippled.
How can we walk with purpose if we don’t know where we are going?
How can you help someone if you don’t even know what’s wrong?
How can you have a heart for a problem, when you only see a part of it?
When you only see a picture? An article? One story?

Have you seen the sufferings?
Have you heard their cries? Their pleas? Their desperation?
You’d be surprised by what it going on.
You’d be shocked to see the horror.
You’d tremble at the sight of evil.
You’d shutter because they are only children.

Being exposed also means being empowered.
How can we see a huge problem and not move forward in stopping it?
How can you know their suffering and not step in to help?
How can you wipe your hands of moral obligation, when you can do something to help?
When you can give your money? Your prayer? Your time?

Have you seen their loving communities?
Have you heard their laughs? Their praise? Their dreams?
You’d smile because you can’t help but love them.
You’d laugh because they still have so much joy.
You’d do anything to help fulfill their dreams.
You’d rejoice because God does provide.

They have less reason to worship than you
But they worship with all their heart and with so much joy.
God can do anything.
He is much bigger than all this.
Bigger than the suffering.
Bigger than the joy.



I was inspired to write this "poem" after watching the Invisible Children documentary. I was recently in Uganda on a mission trip and so Uganda is close to my heart. It's crazy how fast I fell in love with the country, the people, and the kids I worked with. They touched my heart. So here is my little poem type thing that I wrote. I don't really want to call in poetry, although it does resemble it, because I am no poet. I just write from my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment